The first wooden church from 1335 burned down in 1490, and six years later in 1496, a new wooden church was built, slightly taller than the original one. In 1585, the Protestant denomination gained the upper hand in the area, preferred also by the clergy. Pastor Marcin Pročner of Bílsk is remembered from the Protestant times. The exact date when the church returned to the Catholics is unknown. The Petrovice parish was re-established in 1786 and that was when the first parish priest was appointed. Around 1789, the old wooden church was demolished and in 1789 the new brick church of Saint Martin was built.