The church most probably dates from the turn of the 14th century. In 1305, Zebrzydowice was mentioned in “Liber fundationis episcopatus Vratislaviensis” (Book of endowments of the Bishopric of Wrocław). In 1616, reconstruction of the church began, from wooden to brick. In the fire of 1751, the church burned down. The new brick church was built from 1774-1776 thanks to the generosity of the parishioners and the parish priest, Andrzej Piguła.